Do you know that the cookware you use not only affects the taste and nutrition of food, but also affects your and your family’s health? Different materials of cookware release different substances at high temperatures, some of which may be harmful and some of which may be beneficial. So, how to choose healthy cookware? Today, we will introduce you some tips on how to choose cookware, to help you make smarter decisions.
First of all, we need to understand what are the common materials of cookware and their advantages and disadvantages.
· Stainless steel: Stainless steel is a durable, beautiful, easy to clean material, but it has poor thermal conductivity, easy to make food scorched or uneven. In addition, stainless steel contains metal elements such as nickel and chromium, which may dissolve some harmful substances if used for a long time or scratched.
· Iron: Iron is a traditional cookware material, it has good thermal conductivity and high temperature resistance, and it can provide some iron elements for food. But iron also has disadvantages, such as easy to rust, stick to the pot, change color, and need regular maintenance.
· Aluminum: Aluminum is a light, cheap, good thermal conductivity material, but it also has a big drawback, that is aluminum itself is a toxic metal, if ingested too much for a long time, it will cause damage to the human body. Therefore, aluminum products are usually coated with a layer of coating or wrapped with a layer of other materials to prevent aluminum from contacting food.
· Ceramic: Ceramic is a natural, non-toxic, beautiful, good insulation material, it can keep the food’s original flavor and nutrition, and will not produce any chemical reaction. But ceramic also has fragile, easy to break, not high temperature resistant, not suitable for frying and other disadvantages.
· Glass: Glass is also a natural, non-toxic, transparent, easy to clean material, it can let you see the changes of food at a glance, and will not react with food. But glass also has easy to break,not high temperature resistant, not suitable for frying and other disadvantages.
So, among so many materials, which one is the healthiest? In fact, there is no absolute answer. Each material has its own characteristics and suitable occasions, the key is how you use and maintain them correctly. Here are some suggestions we provide for you to choose and use cookware:
· Choose the appropriate material according to different dishes and cooking methods. For example, if you want to make soup or boiled dishes, you can choose ceramic or glass cookware, because they can keep the food’s freshness and nutrition, and will not produce harmful substances. If you want to make fried or grilled dishes, you can choose iron or stainless steel cookware, because they can withstand high temperatures, and have good thermal conductivity and durability. If you want to make steamed or braised dishes, you can choose aluminum or stainless steel cookware, because they can heat up quickly and maintain the temperature.
· Pay attention to the integrity of the coating and surface of the cookware. If you use coated or wrapped cookware, be sure to check whether the coating or wrapping is intact, if you find scratches, peeling, discoloration and other situations, you should replace them in time, to prevent the harmful substances in the coating or wrapping from dissolving and entering the food. Similarly, if you use iron or stainless steel cookware, also pay attention to whether there are rust marks, stains, discoloration and other situations on the surface, if any, you should clean and dry them in time, to prevent metal elements from dissolving and entering the food.
· Properly maintain and clean the cookware. Different materials of cookware require different maintenance and cleaning methods. For example, iron products need to be wiped with oil regularly, and avoid using detergent to clean them, to avoid affecting the natural lubrication layer of iron pot. Ceramic and glass products need to be handled gently, and avoid using hard objects to scrape them, to avoid causing scratches or cracks. Coated or wrapped products need to be cleaned with soft cloth or sponge, and avoid using metal utensils to scrape them, to avoid damaging the coating or wrapping. Stainless steel products need to be cleaned with warm water or white vinegar, and avoid using alkaline substances to clean them, to affect the oxidation resistance of stainless steel.
Choose the suitable brand and model according to your budget and preference. There are many types and brands of cookware for you to choose from in the market. You can choose according to your needs and preferences. Of course, we also recommend you to choose amercook’s cookware,because amercook is a professional healthy cookware brand, it has many years of production experience and technical advantages, its products are all subject to strict quality testing and safety certification, its design is also in line with ergonomic and aesthetic principles, it can provide you with the best quality, healthiest, most comfortable and most beautiful cooking experience.
These are some tips we introduced to you today on how to choose healthy cookware, hope they are helpful to you. If you have any questions or want to know more about amercook’s products, please visit our website or contact us. Thank you for reading and happy cooking!
If you need more inforenation,please vist www.amercook.com or send email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Back To The List
Non-stick pans are a common type of cookware in modern kitchens, they can help us use less oil when cooking, and also prevent food from sticking to the pan and affecting the taste and appearance. However, non-stick pans also need our correct use
Soup pot is one of the indispensable cookware in the kitchen, it can be used to cook soup, stew meat, boil noodles and other delicious dishes. But do you know what are the differences between different materials of soup pots? Today, we will compare the advantages and disadvantages of aluminum soup pot and cast iron soup pot, and help you choose the most suitable soup pot for you.
On May 15, amercook non-stick cookware manufacture base was officially put into operation in Yongkang, Zhejiang Province, with a monthly production capacity of 600,000 pot and pans.